"Remember to remember who you are and what works best for you." These are the words I offer my yoga students and health coaching clients. My 12-week challenge was a way for me to take action with the words I speak. The picture on the left was taken before I reintroduced weight training into my weekly routine and tweaked my food intake. The picture on the right shows the results of change.
Nutrition is 80% of results when it comes to changing your body. Period. If you want something, you must work at it with persistent preparation and mindful, deliberate attention. I share my journey with the intention to inspire others to step into their power and shine.
As I entered the second 4 weeks of my 12-week journey, the exercise plan described in last week's blog post became my 'new normal' and my body responded accordingly. I had more energy and my appetite was consistent. I craved what my body needed instead of reaching for something out of habit or depriving myself out of some 'worn out' old pattern.
I have been involved with the fitness industry for almost 30 years. Exercise helped improve my relationship with food. Instead of seeing food as an enemy or source of comfort, I began viewing food as a source of nutrition to fuel my body. We all have a 'story.' As a health coach, it is my intention to share my experience and allow my former 'mess' to become my message.
Yoga is a tool that teaches how to best take care of yourself. Love your body and your body will respond. Yoga teaches how to listen to the body and quiet the chatter of the mind. Yoga has not only taught me how to listen to my body, but with yoga, I have learned how to love and respect my body. Yoga also helped me find my voice and 'own' my passion for health and fitness. For those of you interested in the specifics of my daily nutrition routine, below is the schedule that worked for me.
First Thing in Morning:
• 1/2 organic lemon squeezed into 8 oz water,
• Take probiotic and phytoestrogen drops
• 8 oz black coffee with 1 1/2 t MCT oil and 1t. tupelo honey
• 1/2 T organic nut butter and 6 oz. Blue Warrior Protein Shake
After Spin Class:
• 3 organic pasture-raised egg whites & 1 whole egg omelet with mushrooms sauteed in 1 t.
coconut oil & handful of Organic Girl super greens. I sometimes added 1/3 cup of oatmeal.
• Kor Shots® Ginger wellness shot
• 1/2 - 1 T. organic nut butter, turmeric or Kor Shots® turmeric vitality shot (see picture below) and 1/2 frozen banana
• Standard Process Vitamin C, Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc
• 6 oz. organic free range curry chicken or fish with broccoli or asparagus over super greens with 1 T. Hilary's Ranch Chia dressing *Eve's Garden
After dinner treat:
• Gynostemma 'miracle grass' Tea
• Vitamin D drops and Standard Process® Min-Tran and Magnesium
Most importantly: I drink 1 Gallon of Water EVERY day!